One of the many public records links that we provide on our “Free Public Records Search Directory” is jail and inmate record links. Since many states, counties and cities provide online access to inmate records, we provide links to jails and detention centers throughout the United States
Since there are many reasons for researching inmate records, our website can assist with your search and provide valuable information whether you are a spouse, relative, witness or victim.
The Texas Department of Criminal Justice offers an offender information search by name and also a variety of reports regarding death row inmates.
We are providing this article to assist our users with step by step instructions to research Texas jail and inmate records.
1. “Free Public Records Search Directory” Page. On the main page, click on the link “Jail and Inmate Records” under the “Search Public Records by Type of Record” heading.
2. “Jail and Inmate Records Resources” Page. On the main “Jail and Inmate Records Resources” page, choose any one of the states listed. In this case, choose “Texas.”
3. “Texas Jail and Inmate Records Directory” Page. On the main “Texas Jail and Inmate Records Directory” page, select the Texas Department of Criminal Justice “Inmate Search” link. The website can be searched by name, race, TDCJ number or SID (state identification) number. The offender information results include:
• Complete Name
• TDCJ Number
• Race and Gender
• Date of Birth
• Projected Release Date
• Current Facility
• Offense History including Date, Offense and Sentence
4. Death Row Information. You can return to the main “Texas Jail and Inmate Records” page by clicking on “Return to Results” in the upper right hand corner of the page. On this page, choose the “Death Row Information” link provided by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice. On this website, there are a variety of death row reports including:
• Offenders on Death Row
• Gender and Racial Statistics
• Scheduled Executions
• Executions by Year
• Women on Death Row
• Similar reports by County
5. Conduct County Inmate Searches. You can return to the county searches page by clicking on “Return to Results” in the upper right hand corner of the current page. Here you can access county links such as: Brazos County “Inmate Search” website, which can be searched by defendant name, date confined range and birth date range including confined and released inmates. Search results provide jail id, name, charges, confined date and released date.
6. Return to County Pages. Click on “Return to Results” in the upper right hand corner of the page to access other county inmate links. Lubuck County Sheriff’s Office has an “Active Jail Roster” website which includes inmates booked today, inmates booked yesterday, inmates released today and inmates released yesterday.
7. Return to Home Page. Upon completing your inmate search, you can return to the main “Free Public Records Search Directory” website, by choosing “Home” or “Free Searches” located in the upper left corner of the page.
As you can see, there are a variety of links available to research jail inmate records including links to “VINElink,” a service that provides online inmate information for most states and counties.
If you want to search other types of criminal records including court records, crime statistics, or warrants, you can access the links on our main “Free Public Records Search Directory” website. You can also search other types of public records through our website and future articles will cover how to access those records as quickly and easily as possible.